Saturday, June 29, 2013

Rothco Bags & Packs European School Bag Black 8118

Rothco Bags & Packs European School Bag Black 8118I was really impressed with this bag when it showed up. I gave it 5 stars because now that I have it, I wouldn't want any other bag!

The canvas that it's made out of is super thick and durable. All the seams seem to be stitched rather well. There are a ton of pockets on this thing too. There is a zipper pocket on top of the flap (and the pocket is as big as the flap), you open the flap and you have two large pockets on the front with flaps that snap, those two pockets are attached to a large pocket which is attached to the main compartment, and then another large pocket on the back of the bag. Bonus is that it even came with it's own ruler!

I bought the bag to keep my knitting projects & supplies handy, but I could easily use this for my laptop, or school (if I was in school), or even an overnight bag. I'd buy another if I needed one!

My husband owned the original Danish school bag, and after 40 something years of use, it finally wore out. We were unable to find the original bag to repurchase; however, Rothco makes a line of canvas bags in similar style to the one my husband owned.

We purchased this Rothco bag in black, model # 8118. A single buckle over each front pocket holds a velcro strip in place, which secures the bag closed. It is not the same canvas weight nor craftsmanship as the original Danish bag, but is a good value for the purchase price. It is a nice looking bag and has all the amenities of the Danish bag (shoulder strap, top handle, zip around expandable sides and bottom, loads of inside pockets, top zipper pocket and a ruler inside an interior slip pocket a dual purpose item which is also used to keep the top flat and in shape. The only fault found was that the shoulder strap could be a bit longer.

If you're looking for an all purpose canvas messenger bag to use in lieu of a briefcase, I (we) would recommend this bag by Rothco.

Buy Rothco Bags & Packs European School Bag Black 8118 Now

No comments:

Post a Comment