Saturday, August 31, 2013

R3 Safety 993701 Back Pack, Hi-Visibility, Lime Green

R3 Safety 993701 Back Pack, Hi-Visibility, Lime Green
  • Sold Individually as 1 Each
  • Hi-Visibility
  • Lime Green

I commute to/from work via bicycle and I want to be seen by drivers. This backpack gives me graet visibility both day and night. It doesn't have a lot of pockets/sections but lets me carry my necessities.

Buy R3 Safety 993701 Back Pack, Hi-Visibility, Lime Green Now

Great for bike riding Hi-Vis but there are no compartments anywhere. Sometimes you need to keep stuff separated. Guess I'll just use plastic shopping bags.

I would recomemd this day pack since it's difficult to find HI-Vis apperal,

Read Best Reviews of R3 Safety 993701 Back Pack, Hi-Visibility, Lime Green Here

Perfect for a biked commute to and from work. It provides high visibility and necessary pockets while being lightweight and durable.

Want R3 Safety 993701 Back Pack, Hi-Visibility, Lime Green Discount?

Just what we were looking for! It was a great price and it was a great price. Got to love it.

Save 45% Off

I bought this backpack to wear as I commute on my bicycle. I wear a reflective and high visibility jacket, but I felt like my other backpack covered up the reflective and high visibility stuff just where it matters: the part the cars see behind me!

I actually hemmed and hawed a lot before buying this because I just think it's a little expensive for a basic green backpack. I spent some time trying to add reflective fabric to my other backpack but it was a hideous fail. Finally I broke down and bought this. I'm glad I did because it's better than I expected.

It's obviously high visibility, both in terms of color and reflective material (for night time). The reflective strips are quite broad and in reasonable locations. The bottom strip you see in the picture goes around to the sides, the top strip does not. Although it's not visible in the picture, the trim around all the edges of this backpack (the mesh pockets, the zippers) is also reflective. Nice touch. As I was looking around for backpacks, I really wanted one with reflective material on the straps that go over your arms as well. It just seems like a very visible location. Unfortunately that is not the case with this backpack. The shoulder straps are green with a diagonal black strip. Well, there is a very small bit of trim at the intersection of the black and green that is reflective, but it's not much. This means when riding you are not particularly reflective from the front. Just be aware. I may try and add something to the straps some day.

I actually like the use of black on this backpack. This lime-green material is obviously eye-catching, but this effect can be augmented by adding high contrast...patches of black. The bottom of the backpack is black (which helps keep it clean and the area right around zippers is black, and there are the black strips on the front, as well as black nylon straps connected to the shoulder straps. Not bad at all.

The fabric is heavier duty than I was expecting, though nothing unusual for a backpack. I was pleased. Somehow it seems like high visibility stuff is often made of very thin stuff.

The zippers stick pretty easily. I think it's because they easily suck up the mesh liner inside the backpack. It's a small beef, though.

This backpack is significantly taller than expected. Maybe my old backpack was small or something. Anyway I would not be surprised if I could fit a racquetball racket in this without any of it sticking out.

This isn't just a simple backpack by design. The back zipper you see in the picture isn't a pocket, though. It separates the back flap from the rest of the backpack, and it's connected using a bunch of mesh. In other words, unzipping this zipper doesn't allow you to put anything in, but it expands the size of the backpack by a LOT. I'm thinking it's built to accommodate a basketball or something. By the way it unzips around the bottom of the backpack, not the top. Interesting.

Inside the backpack you see the big area surrounded by mesh that can be expanded by the exterior zipper. The interior of the backpack is partitioned into two compartments: the part that expands out and then a larger part on the other side. You can put a lot in this thing. There is also a flap hanging down inside the backpack for putting small things in. Wallets, maybe?

There is a rather large pocket on each side of the backpack, with mesh at the bottom. You can see the mesh in the picture.

There is some padding in between the backpack and your back, as well as in the straps.

Nice backpack overall, and very visible both during the day and at night. Suggestions for improvement: I actually like to adorn myself with blinking lights and it could have been nice to have had something to hang them on. I'll have to rig something up. Don't want anyone to miss me at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment