Monday, April 28, 2014

Mountain Hardwear TaditaTM 50 Backpack

Mountain Hardwear TaditaTM 50 BackpackI just got back from a 4 day trek through the Olympics with my brand new Tadita. The most impressive thing about this pack was its flexibility. We had to pack 2 weeks worth of general vacation gear into the pack and I was really impressed with how easy it was to handle even crammed to it's limit. During our actual treks I carried about 30-35 lbs of gear with ease. I'm a petite 5'2" so it's really essential that I don't get overweighed. This pack was easy to adjust and distributed the weight really well, I never felt uncomfortable. My favorite use of the pack was for ultralite day hikes that we took from basecamp and back. I removed the top compartment (love this feature)and used the built in secondary lid straps to cover the top opening in the pack. I then used the large front pouch to carry all the easy access stuff like snacks and bug spray. My complaints about the bag are few, but pertain mostly to the straps and not actual functionality. The secondary lid flap (non-technical name)is really handy for ultralite, but if the top compartment is attached it's kind of an unfinished detail and doesn't really have anywhere to stow away. I had the same problem with the straps in the front pocket. It's nice that I can cinch down the sides of the bag, but all the straps are kind of a mess in the front pocket. I also had a problem with the side pockets being too short for carrying extra water bottles. I just ended up strapping them down. My boyfriend ended up with the men's version of this pack and he didn't have any problems with bottles as I did.

Ok, so overall conclusion is that I loved this pack. It was flexible without sacrificing functionality, which is a hard thing to achieve. Super durable and dependable bag. I would definitely recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment