Sunday, June 30, 2013

Field Operator's Action Pack / Computer Backpack

Foliage Green Field Operators Action Pack - 22 x 16 x 9 Inches, Backpack BagI bought this for $60 at a local surplus store. I intend to use it for camping and hiking and I think that it was a good choice.

Until recently I had been using an ancient European Style Rucksack Backpack Heavyweight Canvas Bag that has done yeoman's duty for years. I wanted something with molle attachments that would be a bit more comfortable on long hikes. I haven't taken this Fox bag on a serious outing yet, but I have loaded it up and worn it around, and can say that it is much more comfortable. The chest strap and belt distribute the weight very well, and there's good padding on the back side of the pack.

The organizational options of the bag are also very good. There are four molle fields on the pack itself, and attachments all along the padded belt. There are six compartments, including the main one, most of which have a variety of pouches and dividers. See my customer images if you'd like more details on those.

I will report back when I have a chance to really abuse this pack this summer, but it seems to be pretty solid, and a good option at the $60 price point. Provided that nothing breaks when I catch it on a branch or roll it down a hill, I'm happy with it.

++++++++++

Update: 3/25/13

At this point, I've logged a lot of hours hiking around with this pack, with about a 30-pound load in it most of the time, and there have been no failures whatsoever. The zippers all still zip, no seams have burst, and all the straps and buckles are still functioning well.

The main straps do gradually work themselves loose on occasion, causing the pack to ride too low on the back, but usually I can just cinch them up a bit as I'm walking and I'm good to go. The chest strap has turned out to be more helpful than I'd originally thought it would be. The quick release buckles on the main straps make it easy to take the pack off when it's on tight.

I'm still quite pleased with the purchase. It's a good bag for the money.

This is an amazing bag. I was looking for a good load and go, 72hour type bag for all the crap I take with me on missions. I was a little concerned about how much this puppy could hold. Well, I was suprised when I recieved it and was able to fit all my normal gear and then some. Bravo Fox, for creating a better practical bag than the cheap junk the US Army issues and expects us to use.

Buy Field Operator's Action Pack / Computer Backpack Now

Strong and well made, very good quality. Plenty of pockets and points to attach a small bag, knife, tool...Perfect colour,neutral green, no need to get a camo cover. Wide straps and belt that make it very comfortable even carrying weight and practical quick release system

Read Best Reviews of Field Operator's Action Pack / Computer Backpack Here

Everything I need for a bug out bag. Fits all my survival, medical and personal care items necessary for a couple nights in the desert.

Want Field Operator's Action Pack / Computer Backpack Discount?

It's a little larger than I was looking for since I use it for carrying my stuff while commuting back and forth to work, but not so much as to be an issue. I was going to get black, but for some reason it was $20 more at the time, so I got tan instead. This is fine except it's more likely to show dirt. The pack is well-made and rugged with a nice handle. I carry a water bottle in it now, but since it's designed to accept a hydration bladder, I think I'll add one soon. Also has a small pocket at the top which is perfect for my smartphone. The pocket has access to the small slit for the bladder tube, so it's easy to thread earbuds. I am very happy with this pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment