Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Baby Sherpa Shorthaul Sherpa - Black

Baby Sherpa Shorthaul Sherpa - BlackI have had my Sherpa just over 2 years now and have used it extensively. It is my daughter's travel bag and my all-purpose diaper bag/toddler bag. It will hold everything under the sun practically. There are so many compartments in and around the bag to keep everything separated and in it's own place. I've used this as a day bag for amusement parks. The changing mat is a lifesaver in those not so clean places. I know when I have it with me I have everything I need and then some (toys, clothes, drinks, food, first aid kits, health/beauty aids. I also use the changing mat holder to sneak in a few mags for me when traveling. Keeps them in good condition. Now that my daughter is a toddler and I don't always need it especially for diapers I'm free to put even more toys and books inside for her and can still use the changing mat to sit ourselves on when we are out in public or if I need to temporarily put padding under her head. The separator in the middle of the bag allows you to store all sorts of things without getting one big mess inside. If I need a lot of space for one item I just move it over and use it as one large compartment. Definitely worth the money spent and foresee it will be used for years to come. Great idea using the bottom section for cold or wet articles with the drainage hole in the bottom.

Overall, I am very happy with the usefulness of this backpack, but I am concerned about the quality of this product.

I have a 20-month old toddler and had to ditch the over-one-shoulder diaper bag in favor of a backpack. This backpack is laid out very well:

-I put her sippy cup in the cold pack on the side and my water bottle on the other side.

-My wallet and cell phone are easily accessible in the outside pocket (with the clip).

-I put her diapers, wipes, cream, sunscreen and extra clothes/shoes in the main pocket, which also has smaller pockets for organization.

-There's another easy-access, zippered pocket at the top of the bag where I put chapstick, lipstick and pens.

-The cooler on the bottom is useful, but not a good place to store food that can be crushed because it takes the weight of the entire bag. When I use it, I put food in plastic containers with lids and then throw in a small ice pack to keep everything cool. It's still a handy space, especially if something spills because the mess is contained.

I am giving the Short Haul Sherpa Diaper Backpack 3 out of 5 stars for three reasons:

-The fabric on my backpack tore after only a few weeks' use. The tear is on the top/front of the bag and one inch long. It's not on a seam and does not compromise the integrity of the bag, but it looks bad and it does make me wonder about whether it will last through more than one kid.

-The mesh pockets on the upper sides of the bag are utterly useless. They're too small and not tight enough to hold anything. Toys, keys, and even baby sunglasses don't stay in them.

-The bag arrived with a broken key ring (it's on the inside). It won't clasp. It's not a huge deal, which is why I didn't bother returning it for a new one, but I thought it was important to note.

I would say, if you can find another backpack that fits your needs and is high quality, go with that one. My SkipHop over-the-shoulder bag was much sturdier but this Short Haul fits my current needs.

Buy Baby Sherpa Shorthaul Sherpa - Black Now

I got this when I had my son 8 months ago. I was initially extremely pleased. Then the plastic end piece on the strap to close the front pocket flaked apart. The backpack still worked, I just had to adjust it regularly, but my happiness level decreased somewhat. The other day the clasp that attached the strap flaked apart as well, rendering the backpack useless. I am unsure whether the problems I experienced were exclusive to my item, or if there was an entire lot with weak plastic parts. Either way, I will be replacing it with something else that I hope will last more than 8 months.

Read Best Reviews of Baby Sherpa Shorthaul Sherpa - Black Here

We bought the Sherpa Short Haul backpack when my daughter was born in 2006. Fast forward to 2012 and this bag is still running strong! Still looks great, no tears or flaking. Kids are now 6 and 5 and this is perfect for a day trip to the zoo. Keeps the cool snacks cool and room for other items without issue. Could use larger cup holders on the side as their cup holders are now larger, looks like I'll upgrade to the 5.11 H20 Carriers for that. I strongly recommend this bag, especially for new dads. You will not be disappointed.

Want Baby Sherpa Shorthaul Sherpa - Black Discount?

I researched diaper bags for a long time before my son was born. My parents gave us this backpack diaper bag that I had chosen. At first my husband and I loved it. I cloth diaper, and this bag is large enough to hold the diapers as well as other essentials. Quickly, however, I was disappointed. First the mesh on the front ripped. I continued to use the bag. Then the shoulder strap broke when we had only had the bag a few months. When I contacted the company their suggestion was for me to take it to a tailor to have it fixed they did not offer to stand behind their product at all. Later when I looked into having the bag fixed I realized that when the strap broke part of it was lost and now it cannot be fixed sufficiently. I could still use the bag, but the waist strap cannot be used. What a waste of money!

Save 7% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment