Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cocoon CPG20BK GRID-IT Organizer, 15 x 9.5 Inch, Black

Cocoon CPG20BK GRID-IT Organizer, 15 x 9.5 Inch, BlackI purchased this along with the 12x8 version. Unlike the smaller one, the grid spacing on this one is much larger and hence you cannot fit the same sized products here. This was not readily apparent in the description. Also, the aspect ratio of this is a strange as it is wider than a typical laptop. Would not recommend this model but the 12x8 instead.

This is clever, handy and innovative. The product fills an organizational nitch. The product is sturdy, well thought-out and well constructed.

The straps are fabric-coated elastic with strands of (what feels like) uncoated rubber within the straps. The elastic, obviously, holds the items in place, but the rubber strands grip the items so they don't slide around or out. I switched the contents of a first aid kit onto a larger version of a GridIt and it not only helped me put to use a very flat, very vertical pocket of my briefcase that had been going to waste, but the contents of the FAK are now all immediately visible. My initial impressions are all favorable (and I have to say, you just have to admire the sheer creativity involved in this product.)

Concerns? I wonder how this elastic hold up over time? Hopefully it will hold it's stretch and not go the way of the band of the fat guys underpants!

Suggestions: The "grid" is only on one side of the panel. The "plain" side makes it easier to slide this in and out of the sleeve in my briefcase, but I envision other uses where it would be nice to have "The Grid" on BOTH sides of the panel (or maybe some velcro attachments on the "plain" side).

Kudos to a clever invention!

Buy Cocoon CPG20BK GRID-IT Organizer, 15 x 9.5 Inch, Black Now

This is the product that I have been looking forever. Notice how all your "stuff" in your backpack seems to collect at the bottom, creating a pear shaped mass on your back? Well this product distributes the volume in a vertical manner and is easy to slide in and out of any bag/briefcase.

The only issues so far are its weight, being a bit heavier than I think it needs to be, durability of the bands (untested so far) and the density of objects able to be accomodated are dependent on the shapes of the objects as the grid-it system has limited flexibility.

Read Best Reviews of Cocoon CPG20BK GRID-IT Organizer, 15 x 9.5 Inch, Black Here

I just bought two more of these, having bought the first two about a month ago. They are super for organizing all of the little stuff that will fall to the bottom of a briefcase or backpack. I have one in my laptop that just stores the various cords all of my devices on the go take, BUT I also use one in my briefcase to organize post-its, highlighter pens, extra pens, bulldog clips, staple remover, and other paraphernalia that goes to depositions or the courhouse with me. If you are like me and get frustrated when you know it's in the bag, but can't quickly find which of the numerous pockets you put it it, try one of these. All of the sizes are of identical quality, but just differ in the size and amount of stuff they can hold.

I do like the gray as opposed to the black because of all the black notebook cases, etc. I have. It does make things stand out quickly against the background.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Want Cocoon CPG20BK GRID-IT Organizer, 15 x 9.5 Inch, Black Discount?

At first I wanted to get a case for my portable hard drive. I didn't want it sitting in the bottom of my bag. But for ten dollars more I purchased the Grid-It, and I am so glad I went with this instead. I've organized a bunch of iPod, iPad, and Macbook cables, and I have room to spare. I love the fact that if I find I don't have a need for something in the bag anymore, I just take it out and re-organize the Grid-It. So customizable, it's a shame I didn't find this sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment