Saturday, September 13, 2014

Ogio Drifter Backpack

Ogio Drifter BackpackThis backpack is a stylish, sleek, and very well built container for whatever you may use it for. Whether college (like myself), beach going, or a day out on the town, this backpack is a must have for the occasion. It is much more spacious than is revealed by the pictures, and the color scheme is well done to boot. I found myself jumping for joy having finally found a backpack that looks good (fashion being something important to myself), and is just as comfortable. I am a heavy set young male and to find a backpack in which I can use both straps, and the check buckle with relative ease was a very big plus. There is multiple pockets that are usually found in a backpack, but it is the quality of each pocket and the little things that make it such a quality purchase. The price tag is very low, at only 30 $, I found myself very happy with my purchase. I also purchased a huge container, being an art student, and it fit right in. We are talking 16 " art container people. I have never seen a backpack as versatile, good looking, and so perfectly priced as this. I am one hundred percent an OGIO customer from now on. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a pack for school, hiking, work, or whatever the occasion. Comfort meets beauty and you will not be let down purchasing this.

Ogio makes golf bags and has recently gotten into backpacks. It seems like their design isn't too bad as I did buy this based on how it looks compared to others, but the materials used and thus the overall quality isn't that great. There is padding all around the laptop compartment, on the bottom, and a little in the straps which is nice, but the material used for the rest is a thin plastic weave. It doesn't look to be coated either so while the plastic weave is fairly tight, it won't keep water out on a rainy day. Also, while I do like the handle on top, it does stick up pretty far off of the top. It could sit nearly flat on the top and be just as useful.

I was looking for a bag that I could wear while riding a motorcycle so it had to fit snug to my back. This bag does that, but the feel of the materials makes me think I'll have to replace it in a year. While I don't mind using the backpack, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

Pros:

Looks

Padding

Handle

Price

Laptop compartment

Small top pocket

Cons:

Cheap materials

Not water resistant

Straps are long and there's nothing to take up the excess

Handle is too long/tall

Zippers go down into side mesh pockets

Buy Ogio Drifter Backpack Now

As an avid Ogio buyer, I really liked the design on this backpack and picked it up around December of 2011. Upon receiving it I loved the design, the size/usability of the pockets, and the bottle holders on the sides.

However.. as a student, sometimes this backpack gets pretty packed. On finals week (have to carry around 3 textbooks to cram with), I had to stuff this backpack pretty hard, and by the end of the day one of the zippers on the main pocket stopped working (moves along the zipper without zipping). I was a bit disappointed, but wasn't too surprised since I would categorize that as somewhat abusive treatment of a backpack. However, the smallest pocket, happens to be just the size to hold a bike u-lock! So I had been using it for that purpose for about 6 months, before one of those zippers broke as well. The u-lock definitely wasn't being stuffed into the pocket, and had plenty of space.

Sorry Ogio, I don't think I'll be buying any more of your backpacks.

Read Best Reviews of Ogio Drifter Backpack Here

No comments:

Post a Comment